Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Maintaining a Blog


So I read somewhere that in order to have a sucessful jewelry business you need to maintain a blog and also your own website. Well I started this blog with every intention of maintaining it in a timley fashion, but as you can see I have not been very successful in that endeavor. I just find that, A. I don't have the time, and B. I don't feel like I have anything much to say. Some people who have blogs never shut up. I think they are frustrated writers. I'm not putting them down, I wish I had some of their talent when it comes to wordsmithing.

Every moment I have free I am creating something new in my studio. But what good is that if no one sees what it is! I am rapidly running out of space and need to organize and catalog completed projects. That is a whole other post entirely.

I am going to make a concerted effort in posting this new year and especially posting my new creations that I have made. One other goal I have is to get some of my jewelry into local shops around town. As much as I LOVE etsy, I don't feel like it is enough to give me the publicity I need in order to make sales. My sales are ZERO.

I have got to start recouping the money I have already put out in supplies to make beautiful pieces. Sterling silver ain't cheap.

Well, I feel like I have bored you to death with my whining. So I will stop and post some photos intead!

No comments:

Post a Comment